$100,000 is available each fiscal year (July 1 – June 30) to send students and a faculty/staff advisor to a sustainable or environmentally focused conference, workshop or summit. Post conference, individuals must submit a conference summary to the Student Environmental Initiatives Facilities Fee Committee, with ideas to make campus a more sustainable place to live, learn, and work.
There are a variety of different environmental conferences students are able to apply for, such as the annual AASHE conference, which this year will be held in October in Pittsburgh, PA.
Other examples of environmental conferences are found below, including but not limited to:
- StormCon, August 12-16 in Denver, CO
- Georgia Environmental Conference, August 22-24 in Jekyll Island, GA
- Marine Science, Coastal Dynamics and Management, September 21-22 in Dallas TX
- Environmental Chemistry & Water Resources Management, September 24-25 in Chicago, IL
- International Conference on Sustainable Development, September 26-28 in Brooklyn, NY
- Storm Water Conference, October 3-5, 2018 in Hilton Head Marriott, SC
- BioCycle Conference on Renewable Energy from Organics Recycling, October 15-19 in Raleigh, NC
- Recourse Recycling Conference, October 22-24 in St. Louis, MO
To apply for conference funding, fill out the form below.