UT has been recognized on the local, regional, and national level for its environmental sustainability efforts.
- UT is recognized by the EPA as the #1 Green Power Purchaser among colleges and universities in the nation.
- UT named as a finalist in the sixth annual Second Nature Climate Leadership Awards
- UT is recognized by the EPA as the #10 Green Power Purchaser among colleges and universities in the nation.
- UT earns the top spot in the SEC with 32% of our energy portfolio coming from renewable resources.
- UT is one of four colleges and university campuses selected to participate in the TVA Energy Right Solutions for Higher Education program.
- UT wins TVA’s Green Power Switch Presidential Award for making the largest single purchase of green power blocks during 2011.
- UT receives a STARS Silver Rating in recognition of its leadership in campus sustainability.
- UT is profiled for the first time in the 2011 edition of the Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges, and featured in every year after
- UT wins an Energy Efficiency Leadership Award at the 2009 Summit for Campus Sustainability organized by Southern Alliance for Clean Energy.
- UT becomes the nation’s first university certified for its green cleaning practices.