In East Tennessee, our economy, culture, and quality of life are dependent upon a healthy environment. By conserving resources and reducing waste, you can help to ensure that our region’s wonderful resources are available to future generations.
Here are some ideas to get your green on. For more sustainable living suggestions, check out the Office of Sustainability’s Big Orange Green Guide.
- Use only what you need.
- Find new uses for your old stuff.
- Recycle and buy recycled products.
- Unplug electronics when not in use.
- Last one out? Turn off the lights!
- Walk or bike whenever possible.
- Hang-dry your clothes.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Eat lower on the food chain.
- Live and work close to campus.