Make Orange Green

Office of Sustainability

Seasonal and Sustainable

Summer is a great time to try new things! I never get a chance to cook or bake during the school year so I use this time to work on my (lack of) culinary skills.  A recipe that I stumbled upon recently and will be testing out soon is Peach & Blueberry Cobbler.  I thought that the cobbler would be a great recipe to try because peaches and blueberries are in season right now.  To ensure your fruit is in season, check out our Big Orange Green Guide on page seven!

When buying ingredients for this cobbler, I’ll shop at a local farmers market or Three Rivers Market, a food cooperative located on Central Street in Knoxville.  Three Rivers Market is a sustainable business that strives to make Knoxville work together to create and nourish a healthier environment, healthier people, and a healthier community. For the last four years, Three Rivers Market has even won the top spot in the Metro Pulse “Best of Knoxville” rankings for Best Health Food Shop/Grocery and Best Green Business.

Best of luck on all of your summer hobbies!  Fingers crossed my cobbler turns out as delicious as it looks in the picture!

-Kate Barnes

INFORMATION

Contribute to big ideas. Give to the Environmental Stewardship Fund.

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Big Orange. Big Ideas.

Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 | 865-974-1000